Re: font sizes in thunderbird's mailbox display?

On 9/14/05, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
> anyone know if there's any way to set the font size used by thunderbird
> for its own display (by which I mean:  fonts and sizes used e.g. in the
> menubar, in the toolbars, and especially in the mailbox display -- I've
> just installed Stacked View Extension -- which is great!  -- but it
> leaves me wanting a smaller font in the mbox view so I can see a little
> more.

Here's what I have in my userChrome.css, which does that and a bit
more.  Note especially the frequent use of "!important".  I'm not
entirely sure why settings in userChrome.css don't automatically get
top priority, but there you have it.  For anything I haven't set, you
can always unpack the default theme and go poking around, which is
what I did.  That is, unless they've gotten around to actually
documenting these features.

treechildren {
background-color: #F1F1F1 !important;
font-family: Nimbus Sans L !important;
font-size: 14px !important; }

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(unread) {
font-size: 10pt !important;
font-family : Nimbus Sans L !important;
font-weight: normal !important;
color: #C50000 !important }

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(read) {
font-size: 10pt ! important;
font-family : Nimbus Sans L !important; }

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true),
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, hasUnreadMessages-true),
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
newMessages-true) {
font-weight: normal !important;
color: #C50000 !important
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, isServer-true,
biffState-NewMail) {
font-weight: normal !important;
color: #C50000 !important
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, isServer-true) {
font-weight: normal !important;
color: #00A500 !important
}

--