Re: setting up environment variables

Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> writes:

> I only tried it with startx from a cmd line. Thanks for the info. But I
> can't think where else you would set it up.

Same here, I also can't think of another spot.  I think that ?dm are
seriously broken for not starting a login shell on behalf of the user
logging in.

I realize that a proper fix may be difficult, as these programs need
to both start a script (~/.xsession) and run a login shell, and if the
login shell is csh but the script a bash script, then what do we do?

Kai