Re: Apache2 & MySQL

I just reinstalled my LAMP (Linux/Apache/Mysql/PHP) development server
at my office.  I'm keeping track of -everything- I do while setting it
up so my coworkers can have some idea how to do it themselves.  I
installed the following packages (selected via aptitude), and then
installed any "recommended" packages as well.

apache2-mpm-prefork
libapache2-mod-php4
php4
php4-cli
php4-mysql
mysql-client
mysql-server

That assortment of packages should do it for you, and allow you to use
php4 and mysql at the command line as well.  The rest comes down to
setting up the config files for each of them;
/etc/php4/apache2/php.ini for php4, /etc/mysql/my.cnf for mysql,
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-available/default for
apache2.

I also installed phpmyadmin because I like administering things
remotely, and php4-sybase because some of the sites I develop connect
to an mssql database on another server.

Ben