Re: U.S. federal income tax program

Roberto C. Sanchez writes:
> But do you intend to file electronically?  If so, then the server housing
> (or at least initially processing) the transaction and information is
> publically accessible over the net.

But it won't be an IRS server (in the US).  The IRS accepts filings only
over their own secure network.  When you file on line the data goes to
whichever "eFile" outfit you choose and then to the IRS.  I'm not worried
about security of my return (there's nothing in it worth knowing) but I
don't trust those outfits not to garble or lose it.
--
John Hasler