Re: debconf

En/La David R. Litwin ha escrit, a 21/08/05 20:26:
<snip>
> # dpkg-reconfigure debconf
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> dpkg-reconfigure: cannot connect to X server :0
>
> And, with a normal user
>
> $ dpkg-reconfigure debconf
> bash: dpkg-reconfigure: command not found
>
> Now, methinks that the way to solve this is to enable my normal user to
> access dpkg-reconfigure so that I can, well, reconfigure debconf. How do
> I do this?
>
> Of course, if any one has a better suggestion (which I'm sure there is),
> I don't think that this plan is the best. So, please, suggest away!
<snip>
Hi David,
Alexander is correct. This is a general property of the Xserver and
root. A very quick and easy fix is this:
>From the command line as root do this: #cp ~/.Xauthority /root
Then you can run Xprograms as root.
Cheers,
Jonathan
--
Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
Thank you.