Re: /media/cdrom0 disappears

En/La my deb ha escrit, a 26/08/05 22:24:
> <snip>
> Hi, thanx. I'm usally quite proficient with google,
> but this time only tried the debian search
> function :-/
>
> Now I have googled some more and found
> according to which the disappearing cdrom0 is due to
> a bug in discover1. It should be fixed in
> discover1_1.7.8, so I'll just wait until discover1 in
> testing is updated (it is v1.7.7 now)
>
> /Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,
Yes, I'm sure it will get fixed eventually. For me it's no big deal. I
just wrote a script that creates /media/cdrom0 and /media/cdrom1 created
a desktop shortcut to the script and stuck gksu (prompts you for the
root password) in front of it. When I want to mount a CD/DVD this takes
me all of 5 seconds. If only all life's problems were so simple.
Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
Thank you.