Re: blind spot for java

Thanks for the pointer.

The problem, though, is not getting Java installed; I have it installed and I
am using the 64bit linux version as I write. The problem is that a 32bit VM
that I use (because the 64 bit version doesn't have a client mode) has for
some reason stopped working.

I am concerned that it claims the file is not found when it is, plain as day,
sitting there on the disk and is displayed with ls -l with all the right
permissions. My initial thought was I had some how been rooted but I have run
chkrootkit and that doesn't seem to be the case. I also think that it would
be a strange root kit that took out only 32bit JVMs on AMD64 :o)

Graham