Re: Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

OK!!!

Finally after many tries and (actually unuseful) web searches I could install Debian on an HP NetServer LH4.
As suggested by Raquel I simply installed Woody booting with "vanilla".
I installed only the base system from the first cd.

Now I have to upgrade to Sarge.
Can I do it simply with apt-get dist-upgrade ?
Will this remove the old kernel and replace with a kernel that won't work ? (I'm afraid I'll encounter the same SCSI problem I experienced while trying to install Sarge, but can anyone please tell if I'm wrong?)

Best regards,
Marco Ballini