Re: sarg problem

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 08:18:33AM +0200, Brent Clark wrote:
> To whom it may concern
>
> I seem to have a problem whereby if I type the sarg, I get the following
> output:
>
> gate:/etc/squid# /usr/bin/sarg -n
> sort: open failed: 021392: No such file or directory

Hrm, I don't know anything about sarg, but you could always strace to find
out more info (you might have to apt-get install strace, because it's not
installed by default.)

This will show everything it's trying to open (and hopefully find out where
this 021392 file is expected to be):
    strace -e open /usr/bin/sarg -n

Or maybe just get the full output:
    strace -o /tmp/trace /usr/bin/sarg -n
(and then open it in less and "G" to the end, start from there up).

The main question is: why does it expect that file to exist?  Maybe you can
fake it just by finding its full path and "touch /path/to/021392"?

I don't know if any of this will help,
-rjk