Re: smbmount

Khanh Cao Van wrote:

>I could not do it
>
>cvkhanh:~# apt-get install smbfs smbclient samba-common
>Reading Package Lists... Done
>Building Dependency Tree... Done
>E: Couldn't find package smbfs
>
>I've use apt-cdrom add and apt-get update before used those above
>command but it did not effect . How should I do ?

First, please do not reply privately.
It will be more helpfull for you if you reply to the list, since there may
be a lot of people read your mail and give you help.
These are som options :

Mount your debian cd and go to pool/main/s directory to find out wheter
the cd
contained samba packages or not. If not, consider to get another debian cd.
If yes (?), well... dpkg -i smbfs_blablabla..deb
It might be complain for depedencies problem but let's see how it works
first <snip>

If your purpose is to update from a local server ( updates in shared
samba folder )
then you might want the updates to be available via http and update from
there.
If 'the other server that has samba shared folder for updates' is a
debian/linux box,
than it will be an easy job. You just need to run apache and had a
symlynk in /var/www
into your main folder contained debian updates.

If 'the other server that has samba shared folder for updates' is not a
linux box,
that use iis ( if windows ).

--w.h--