Re: LILO bug?
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Marty wrote:
> > dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/hda bs=448 count=1
> This doesn't address the problem. Again, the only workaround I know about
> is removing the SCSI (or "first disk") to make LILO work correctly. That
> requires the steps I outlined. Even if there is a better workaround, it
> still seems like a bug to put the MBR on the wrong disk.
lilo puts the MBR where you told it ...
that is where it isntalls it
- if you have preveious ran other tools that installs MBRs, than those
MBR is used instead
- there is an MBR for /dev/hda
- there is an MBR for /dev/hda1
- there is an MBR for /dev/hda2
for each disk
> > - if it doesn't boot... you never had raid properly configured anyway
> I've never used raid, so I think you are confused about my problem.
raid or not.. multiple diskss or not .. you can still see if oyu can
boot off the other disk
- its still NOT a lilo bug that you get a warning messages, though it may
not be what you want it to say