Re: /proc hard link count wrong.. bug?

"Nikita V. Youshchenko" <yoush@cs.msu.su> writes:

>> Just got the following warning:
>>
>> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in
>> your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.
>> Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have
>> been searched.
>>
>> Is find just spreading panic here, or should I report this somewhere?
>
> Probably you should file a bug against kernel package.

No, you should file a bug against findutils!

It seems that 'find' compares the hard link count of directories with
the number of subdirectories, and prints the above warning if they don't
match.

However, a mismatch does *not* necessarily indicate a "bug in the
filesystem driver." It can also occur if directories are created or
deleted between the time the hard link count is obtained and the time
the number of subdirectories is obtained.

Martin