Re: installing sarge to lvm

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:39:03PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I'm confused by the sarge installer. I have a single 250g hard drive
> that I would like to manage entirely with lvm. The installer wants to
> partition the drive *before* configuring lvm but I thought that
> partitions existed within the lvm. Have I misunderstood? How should I do
> the initial partitioning? Do I setup a small boot and then the rest as
> root?

You need at least one partition to make the physical volume for LVM.
Additionally, I would do this:

/dev/hda1: XX MB (swap)
/dev/hda2: 64 MB (/boot)
/dev/hda3: 512 MB (/)
/dev/hda4: the rest (LVM PV)

I suggest that because having /boot and / on an LVM logical volume can
get to be a pain when it comes to booting.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr