apt-get "Errors were encountered while processing: locals"

Hello all,

I just installed Debian on a new server for work and I was upgrading the
install with apt, now I get errors when I do an "apt-get install XXX".  I
was trying to upgrade the Kernel and here is the error that I now get:

-Begin-
 locales
-End

Here is the whole install error that I saw after running the apt-install
command:

-Begin-
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686 2.6.8-16
[15.5MB]
Fetched 15.5MB in 2m59s (86.7kB/s)
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Selecting previously deselected package kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686.
(Reading database ... 19817 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686 (from
.../kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686_2.6.8-16_i386.deb) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
Setting up locales (2.3.2.ds1-22) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Generating locales...
  en.ISO-8859-1...cannot open locale definition file `en': No such file or
directory
dpkg: error processing locales (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 4
Setting up kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686 (2.6.8-16) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub .
Testing for an existing GRUB menu.list file... found: /boot/grub/menu.lst .
Searching for splash image... none found, skipping...
Found kernel: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-2-686
Found kernel: /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-386
Updating /boot/grub/menu.lst ... done

 locales

-End-