Re: CUPS restart-jobs permission

On (21/06/05 17:37), Beretta wrote:
> Fellow Debian Users,
>
> I have a _closed_ network (not connected to the internet) on which I have a
> Debian server with CUPS installed.
>
> I have done a fair amount of searching, but I cannot figure out how I can
> configure CUPS to allow _anyone_ to restart a completed job.

There are two main means by which access is retricted to CUPS: IP
address and user/group.  On 'localhost' (where CUPS) is installed, add
yourself/users to group 'lpadmin'.

To provide access from other machines on the network edit cupsd.conf:

<Location /admin>
#
# You definitely will want to limit access to the administration
# functions.
# The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who
# is a member of the system group to do any admin tasks.  You can change
# the group name using the SystemGroup directive.
#

AuthType Basic
AuthClass System

## Restrict access to local domain