SCSI Emulation Directives in grub/menu.lst

	I am rebuilding a 2.6.5 Debian system and everything is
working properly so far.  The system had ext2 file systems and used
lilo and now has a ext3 journalling file system on the master drive.
It also uses the grub boot loader and appears to be healthy.
Before I rebuilt it, I used scsi emulation to make CD burning work and
have been lucky in that both a Sony and Plextor IDE drives have
not missed a beat when burning CD's.  The lines in /etc/lilo.conf are:

append = "hdc=scsi"
append = "hdd=scsi"

	A message that SCSI emulation is deprecated for CD burning
pops up, but I have also heard of problems if one uses /dev/cdrom so I
would like to continue to use scsi emulation as long as I use a 2.6
kernel.

	Is there an equivalent grub configuration line for menu.lst
that does the same thing?

	If I can't use scsi emulation any longer, will cdrecord and
cdparanoia actually work since they appear to rely on scsi protocols?

	I did read the grub manual, but maybe missed the obvious.
Nothing jumped out at me.

	When building the new system from the latest DEbian
distribution, I had a choice of grub or lilo but grub was the first
boot loader presented.  Lilo fails to install so I went with grub
since that appears to be the general direction of progress.

	Thanks for your ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group