x11-selection in vim (running in xterm)

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is any possibility to use the * and + (quotestar, quoteplus) registers in vim from the "vim" package in Debian testing (package version is 6.3-072+1)

It seems that this register is mapped to the unnamed register what is the normal behavior when vim is compiled without x11 support.

If this is not possible, is there any package with x11 aware version of vim?

I can see only the ones including a GUI (e.g. gtk one etc.) which are dependant on a bunch of other libraries -- which is not what i need.

Reply on e-mail please.

Thanks.

Jan Otte.