Re: Strange problem with Firefox and Mozilla

Paul E Condon wrote:

>Suddenly, between yesterday and today, Firefox and Mozilla browser
>have developed a problem with hotlinks, but only on the www.nytimes.com
>web site. _And_, Firefox on a Mac and on a WinXP do not have the
>problem. The problem is that double clicking on any of the titles
>of news items does not actually lead anywhere. It should lead to
>an detailed article. This works fine on both a WinXP and a Mac.
>I am running Sarge, and it has been doing very well in all respects
>until today when this happened. I have purged, and re-installed,
>but the problem persists. Its a mozilla problem, and a NY Times
>problem, and a Debian/Gnu/Linux problem. Where should I start on
>more debugging?

When you say "hotlinks", can I assume you mean any links on the page?

It works fine for me on my Sid box.

Try a different browser, such as galeon or epiphany or Konqueror. Same
problem?

Clean out your cache. Restart Firefox. Maybe restart X (restarting the
box is overkill). Try it as a different user.

--
Kent West
Technology Support