Re: Request for window manager recommendations

On 14 Jun 2005, Steve C. Lamb wrote:

[snip]

>     Actually I've found WMs lacking at managing windows.  I consider starting
> a window with the desired application part of good management.  Configuring
> that portion for most WMs is a PITA.  The other portions they are equal to the
> DEs like KDE/Gnome and the odd-man-out that is XFCE4.

It's certainly pretty easy in Icewm. You just add a suitable line in the
menu file and it then appears in the menu list when you press Ctrl-Esc.

Example:

prog "Mutt" xterm xterm -T Mutt -fg ivory -bg gray35 -fn 8x13bold -geom 120x45 -e mutt
prog "News" xterm xterm -T News -fg gray35  -bg bisque -fn 9x15bold -geom 120x45 -e slrn
prog "Mozilla"  mozilla mozilla

These can be added or deleted on the fly and then activated by
refreshing Icewm without stopping it.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk for
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  blog, book reviews, electronic