Do I need to download and use the older package?

Quick question on package management in Debian Sarge.

I tried to install glade-2 using both Synaptic and apt. I get an error
message regarding the glade-common package. Synaptic and apt lists the
glade-common package as version 2.6.8-2, gut the error message
indicates that I need 2.6.8-2 to intall glade-2. This confused me, as
I'm guessing glade-common-2.6.8-2 is an older package, not the newer.
Is it possible the glade-2 installation requires the older
glade-common package? Can I force it to use the newer without
problems? Or do I need to download the older package.

Thanks,

Scott