vesa-framebuffer is not working

Dear all,

 I have integrated VGA based on KM400 chipset from VIA.
 when I boot from *lnx-bbc* and *Knoppix* I can see the boot-logo.  now I have
configured  2.6.10 kernel from debian and enable framebuffer-support,
 vesa-support,linux-logo support  all as *built-in features*
 but the newly build kernel can't show any logo. I have checked and logo
 graphics are there in the source.

 *dmesg|grep vesa*  shows ---> vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6
in debian 2.6.10

 but the same command from *lnx-bbc* displays a few lines about vesafb
 information. so vesafb is there in my vga. how can I enable it in debian
 kernel 2.6.10 ? please note I have also manually use
 *video=vesa:ypan,inverse* when booting from build kernel but can't see any
 logo.  could anyone  help to solve the problem ?

please CC to me  .  thanks