Re: Problems seeing USB mp3 player... any help?

%% Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> writes:

  cf> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 05:05:21PM -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
  >> My wife bought me a Rage MP 256M MP3 player for my birthday.

  cf> I can't find a reference to this player in Google.  Could you post the
  cf> manufacturer and model number?

Gak!  s/Rage/Rave/

    http://www.rave-mp.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=AMP256

Sorry 'bout that.

According to everything I can find, you don't need any special drivers.
For example, it says that in Windows >98SE you don't need to install
anything, it just works.

Because of this, I'm ass-u-me-ing it uses a standard filesystem/etc.

>From my reading of the errors I get it doesn't even seem to get that
far... it can't even recognize the device much less start trying to
mount filesystems or whatever.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools