Re: coder front end

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 03:57, Dale Anderson wrote:
> I want to write some code. Can you make an apt package, debian
> style which makes one's own workstation come alive with modern
> development utilities? Thus far. I have yet to right click on my neat
> KDE twinview kdesktop situation and see an option to edit the code.
> Food for thought gentlemen; which I am at work at.

KDevelop3 is really good, actually.  It's not "modern" to be trying to use
your file manager as a project manager for the IDE -- instead, load up
KDevelop, and use *its* tools.  If you just want to be able to edit code by
right-clicking on that code, that's a simple matter of learning to use your
file manager, and to choose your preferred application for that file type.
However, if you *really* want more konqueror integration, you could write
shell/dcop scripts that call KDevelop from the konqueror context menu.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.