Re: "Upgrading" to sarge when it goes stable?

On Mon, 30 May 2005 12:28:21 -0400
Charles Read <debianlist@charlesread.com> wrote:

> Hey everybody!
>
> I currently run sarge (debian testing that is) on a few important
> servers, how should I handle sarge going from testing to stable?  Is
> it  like at an instant all the testing repositories will be labeled
> stable  and from that moment forward everybody with woody has sarge,
> and  likewise everybody with sarge then having sid?  Any help?

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list file. If all of the lines are something
like this:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free

Then you won't notice when Sarge goes stable. If sarge is replaced with
'testing', then your next apt-get update/apt-get upgrade will upgrade
you to the new 'testing'.

HTH,
Jacob