Re: Kernel Headers

Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
Got tarball of Linux Kernel 2.6.11.7, and compilled and installed it.

Modules do not work.

Tried to re-install tarball of faubackup but it fails too.

How do I correctly install the Linux Kernel tarball, the faubackup tarball
and the correct header files? If it is RTFM, which one do I read and where
do I find it?

I agree with the other poster. If you installed the kernel The Debian Way(tm), then the modules would load properly. Install the kernel-package package and follow those instructions and the kernel should install fine.

My guess about not loading the kernel modules is that the module-init-tools package is not installed which the kernel-package will install automatically.