Re: mtab very long

Urs Thuermann wrote:

Sebastian Witt <einstein030@gmx.de> writes:
my problem is, that the output of "mount" is very long (and also the
/etc/mtab file.)
it has double entries over and over:
Haven't tried it, but I think the following would help:

   : > /etc/mtab
   mount -a -f
thx, this seems to work.
after done this, it look like this
zayra:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdd1 on /shares/hdd1 type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/hdd2 on /shares/hdd2 type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)

but, after rebooting it is this:
zayra:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdd1 on /shares/hdd1 type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/hdd2 on /shares/hdd2 type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)

you can imagen, what it would look, if i do a second reboot.

so i think i have to disable something in the booting process, but i
dont even know what.
can you help me, please ?

Sebastian