Re: i810 and Direct Rendering X11

On 5/27/05, Derek The Monkey Wueppelmann <monkey@monkeynet.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 12:13, hacker wrote:
> > I don't know all the particulars of glxinfo, but if gears is 300, you
> > probably have it.  The proof is in the use .. try running tuxracer or
> > chromium and see if they work.  For me, the die when I'm not
> > accelerated.
>
> Hmm, so glxgears says it has a high framerate, however when running
> tuxracer or any of the opengl screensavers it is so very slow.

Not sure then.  I know I ran out of ram (192 MB here) on some games,
but tuxracer and chromium were ok.  Also, when running lots of
windows, the glxgears sometimes jumped up to 1000+ fps (it seemed like
the more load I put on the higher it was able to operate).  Do you see
a similar correlation?

Sorry, I don't know anything else to suggest.