exim SMTP Authentication

 I recently changed ISP's and for the first time, in 12 years, have
  more then one email addresses.  Thats nice but it seems that the
  ISP's smtp server requires an Authentication from exim and I am
  having a problem setting it up.

  The last try was from the "Debian Reference", chapter 9 which
  doesn't seem to work with exim 3.36-16.  I have tried

      plain:
          driver = plaintext
          public_name = PLAIN
          client_send = "^name^passwd"

      from the Reference and

     fixed_cram:
         driver = cram_md5
         public_name = CRAM-MD5
         client_name = name
         client_secret = passwd

   from the spec.txt.

  Exim can't find the drivers which leads me to believe that the exim
  package wasn't built with AUTH capabilities.  If that is so, does
  anyone use exim with smtp auth or exim4 with SMTP auth and is is
  built into that package?

  Hope this mail gets through as the smtp server is bounceing most
  mail lately.

  Thanks in advance

  Wayne