Re: CUPS? Printer.

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 12:42 pm, Stephen Queen wrote:
> If I execute the following command as root from /etc/cups
>
> egrep -v "^#.*" cupsd.conf | egrep -v "^ *$"
>
> I get the following output
>
> DefaultCharset notused
> LogLevel info
> Printcap /var/run/cups/printcap
> Port 631
> <Location />
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> </Location>
> <Location /jobs>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthClass User
> </Location>
> <Location /admin>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthClass System
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> </Location>
>

> What do you get?

See, this is useful, not like somebody saying they "read the docs" and "it
works for them".
I have tried for quite awhile on cupsd.conf, so mine will deviate quite a bit
from what you would call "normal" or "good". I figured since I already tried
the simple stuff (including older backups) a few times, I would try something
different...Here ya go:

AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
ErrorLog /var/log/cups/error_log
LogLevel info
PageLog /var/log/cups/page_log
Printcap /etc/printcap.cups
Port 631
Browsing On
BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.100
</Location>
<Location /admin>
AuthType None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.100
</Location>

This is for two Debian boxes on a LAN. One has a laser attached, while
192.168.1.100 prints to it as well.

Any advice would be nice.
Brendan