Re: Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

shatam bhattacharya wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 Kent West wrote :
> >shatam bhattacharya wrote:
> >
> > > # The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
> > > installationauto eth0
> > > iface eth0 inet dhcp
> > >
> >If the "auto eth0" really is not on its own line, it needs to be.
> >Otherwise, that looks okay.
> Please give a sample file.

Fri May 20     13:49:51
-------------
westk[@westek]:/home/westk:> cat /etc/network/interfaces

# This entry denotes the loopback (127.0.0.1) interface.
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This entry was created during the Debian installation
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

> >What's in your "/etc/resolv.conf" file?
> ginie:/etc# cat /etc/resolv.conf
> search
> nameserver 192.168.1.1

I wonder if that blank "search" line is causing problems.
Also, is 192.168.1.1 a real DNS server? I suspect that is pointing to
your router, and I suspect it should be pointing to your ISP's DNS
server(s). That might be configurable in your router's web interface, or
you can just change your resolv.conf file for a quick test. Here's my
file for comparison.

Fri May 20     13:49:54
westk[@westek]:/home/westk:> cat /etc/resolv.conf
search campus.acu.edu