Re: ldap, kerberos and ssh-krb5

David Parutki wrote:
I have a working installation with account information
in ldap, workstations accessing account information
via libnss-ldap and nscd. Further, a kerberos kdc with
principals matcing users in ldap. All machines have a
krb5.keytab. Home directories are currently served via
nfs from one server to the workstations.
[...]

But with the centralized account handling described
above I'm running out of options. Do I need to modify
the /etc/pam.d/ssh file although I do not want to send
any passwords over the network (even in a
ssh-session)?

The first thing I would try is running both sshd and ssh in debug mode. I usually start sshd like "sshd -Deddd -p 3022" and ssh like "ssh -vvv -p 3022 hostname"

Give that a shot, and it should hopefully explain in a pretty straightforward way what the problem is.

-Mark