Re: usb tv card

On 2005-04-25 21:40:17 +0200, Rick Macdonald <rickm@timshel.ca> said:

I don't know if this is much help. I guess this is more of a warning than anything:

In December I bought a Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2. I had seen a driver on the web before my purchase:

http://justiceforall.free.fr/pvrusb2.html

I tried for awhile to get it going, but then got busy and didn't finish. So, I don't have it working yet.

Just now while getting this info for you I found a user page detailing how to get it going. It states that one must use xawtv-4, but I was using v3. So, maybe that's my problem and there is still hope:

http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/programming/#Hauppauge%20WinTV%20PVR2

the pvrusb2 project seams like a good idea to me, but I think it's not very active anymore. Last update late 2004, so.......

I'll sure look further into it. Good tip, thanx!

I actually bought this device to record stereo FM radio in a cron job. I hadn't done enough research - there is no radio driver yet. Not only that, Hauppauge doesn't even supply a Windows program to record the radio, but you can buy one for an extra $10 from their website. However, this program does not have a timer feature for recording: you just click record/stop and that's it.

Yeah, well. What can I say. I've used the Hauppage software, and it really sucks.......

...RickM...