Re: Help Please: Network Down

Could the RPC errors listed below (from dmesg on the
machine used as a gateway) have anything to do with my
inability to access the machine (or to access my other
box from this machine)?  What could be causing these
errors?  So far as I can tell portmap is not running
(and I do not want it to).

Clipped dmesg output:

ne.c:v1.10 9/23/94 Donald Becker
(becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)
NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x300: 00 40 05 73 c8 11
eth0: NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 10.
ad1848/cs4248 codec driver Copyright (C) by Hannu
Savolainen 1993-1996
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright (C) by Hannu
Savolainen, Rob Hooft 1993-1996
Found OPL3-SAx (YMF719)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111

--
Marc Shapiro