Re: kernel too large to make rescue disk ??

Mark D. Hansen wrote:
I am building a new kernel.  I try to install with:

Of course, I want a rescue boot disk - but I get this message:

Please note that the system size is 1714246
This is greater than the size that the kernel
loader supports on i386 machines. What this

What should I do?

You could make a boot ISO. This would allow you to use a 2.88 Meg floppy image. See the manpage for mkisofs for info on creating an el torito bootable CD. Alternatively, you could remove some stuff from your kernel, or compile more things as modules and put an initrd on a separate disk.

-Mark