Re: Shell Scripts

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 02:30:19PM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:
} I'm trying to run a shell script with tcsh (my default shell is tcsh).
} My first line of the script is
}
} #!/bin/tcsh
}
} However, the shell seems to be running in the bourne shell (sh). I say
} this because I can't get the shell to source my .cshrc file and the ls
} command gives the same result as I get inside sh.
}
} What am I doing wrong?

The first thing you are doing wrong is attempting to script in csh (or
tcsh). Please use Google to find "csh considered harmful" and read it.

} Art Edwards
--Greg