The following packages have been kept back: ... (woody).

After an "aptitude update && aptitude upgrade", I'm curious as to
what's going on with these:

  apmd brahms fttools gdkxft-capplet gmc gnome-core gnome-panel
  gnome-session libprinterconf0 libqt3 libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian-all
  libsmpeg0 libxml-twig-perl links-ssl mc mc-common pconf-detect python
  python-tk python2.1 python2.1-tk smpeg-gtv smpeg-plaympeg synaesthesia
  xmms-jess

I've since done "aptitude remove links-ssl mc mc-common" with no
apparent deleterious effects (I don't use them), but why are they held
back in the first place.  I do have:

   APT::Default-Release "woody";

in my /etc/apt/apt.conf.  I'm not pinning anything (that I know of).
I run mostly straight woody with a few backports.  I don't use Gnome
but occasionally run Gnome apps.  I also wonder what's the deal with
apmd?  I don't use it either (no need), but if an upgrade fixed
problems I have with it, I could well use it.

  ii  apmd  3.0.2-1

Just curious.  Thanks.

- -