xcdroast does not allow to write cds

I'm using unstable and I cannot write cds with xcdroast as non-root user. k3b allows me to write as non root and from command line also works. I activated non-root mode in xcdroast and allowed all users to write cds but when I try to write a cd, get this message from xcdroast:

Calling: /usr/lib/xcdroast/bin/xcdrwrap CDRECORD dev= "ATA:1,0,0" gracetime=2 fs=8192k -v driveropts=burn
free  speed=10 -eject -multi -pad -waiti tsize=182s -

cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.10
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
scsidev: 'ATA:1,0,0'
devname: 'ATA'
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
Please send bug reports and support requests to <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.
SCSI buffer size: 64512

cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get SCSI I/O buffer.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2

Why is this?

P.S. Also try to add user to cdrom group.