Re: Deleting weird-named files

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 21:34 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 21:55 -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 April 2005 09:46 pm, Mike wrote:
> > > Ron Johnson wrote:
[...]
> > > Wow.. doesn't this seem a little excessive?
> >
> > Ya gotta understand Ron.
> >
> > He's a Python evangelist -- he's tried to convert me from Perl several times
> > on another mailing list.
>
> Remember where I said, "Perl certainly can do something similar."?
>
> Point being, though, that there's more to life than bash and coreutils,
> so *sometimes* it's easier to use a different tool.

But, why would anyone use something they are not comfortable with?

If you really know Perl, use it. Python is your thing, use that.

Bash and Coreutils your bag of tricks, the off you go and use those.

Personally, I am finding Python is more like reading a language similar
to your own native language, but not quite enough to call it a variant
of your native language.

Me, I just like it, as my mind works that way. Unlike Python, Perl I
have to use contortions to work that way. Don't get me wrong, I like
Perl and Python both, but if all things are the same, I'd use Python.

Now, since someone (Ben Tilly) pointed me at Ruby, that seems to be an
itch I can't keep scratched for long. I just wanna learn more and more
about Ruby.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is