Re: X.org

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 06:31 -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> Ah, someone else who'll just die or something if they don't get x.org.
No,  I for my home and work PCs I don't actually care.  Both have Radeon
cards in that work flawlessly under both XFree and X.Org and I don't see
any performance/stability difference between the two.

What I do see with X.Org though is a smaller memory footprint.  I'm
playing around with an old P133 notebook, trying to get something to run
on it to make it useful.  XFree uses up most of the 40MB of memory.
X.org uses a lot less.

> Nah, that'd have required you to actually look.
I did actually look.  Unfortunately I don't have 24/7 broadband
internet, and the saved messages from this list on my PC (I keep them
all) didn't answer my question.

And why do you even bother to harass me with your "rtfm" attitude when
someone has already answered my question?  What good does it do?   I can
find virtually info I'm looking for on google,  if I had unlimited
access.  But I, and many other people, don't.  And that's why there are
mailing lists too.

---
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy