Re: Compiling 2.6.11?!

c m wrote:

The boot steps shown up to now rely on the assumption
that the compressed kernel can fit in half a meg of
space.

This is very interesting. I've been trying to work out if I could get a custom kernel working without using compression (to save a negligible amount of time decompressing on boot, and waste a not-negligible amount of time fiddling with the .config :)) but couldn't find any figures on what size restrictions were in place. Do you happen to know if this is across the x86 board, or subarch dependent?

Also, does anyone know how to instruct make-kpkg to NOT compress? (It seems the instructions only support alternating between z and bz compression)