Re: stupid question

Wouldn't your kernel be overwritten only if you named it exactly the
same as the Debian kernel package?

It seems to me that the easiest way to make sure it doesn't get
overwritten would be to name it something else.

I use dselect, and it's easy enough to just put a "=" hold on the
package if I don't want it upgraded. I must assume that the same
functionality would be present in a tool as wonderful as aptitude is
supposed to be.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001