Re: Writing for Free Software Magazine

Lee Braiden wrote:
On Saturday 26 March 2005 20:59, Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:

actually it is defined both ways. absolute and relative.
http://www.economist.com/research/Economics/alphabetic.cfm?LETTER=P#POVERTY

Well, when it comes to poverty, I will not choose the definition that means least work. In this country at least, it is generally defined in terms of average resources.

again I said I agree with your ideals.  But your absolutism is silly
We are talking about a luxury here.

What you consider to be silly is irrelevant to my argument. In fact, your statement is an ad hominem attack, and therefore a fallacy. If you do not like my argument, you can disprove it, or ignore it and go about your day. I simply made a comment, with the original poster of this thread can take on board or forget too. But your personal dislike of what I have said has nothing to do with this.

A printed copy and advanced viewing. You are only speculating that that time period is unreasonable for the
content.

No, if you read my post again, you will find that I have said something quite different.

I guess I am in the open and free as in freedom camp and not the free as in beer camp.

As am I.

Are you against all pay for service business models that leverage Free as in Freedom intellectual property?

No, and I have already said so on this very topic.

I did not attack your logic before, but now I will.
But I won't go beyond saying that you are illogical because I'm bored with this now.

I am sorry for making an "ad hominem" attack as I was merely looking for intellectual discussion.

I don't have the energy to "disprove" your argument but I am satisfied that I have made arguments that do threaten your stance.

I don't need to read your post again to know that you are speculating about whether 6 weeks is too long for the given content. I am pretty sure you have not reviewed the content. I'm not saying I have.
I think you misunderstood my comment.

I went back and read your prior posts.
Your original objection was purely conjectural. I don't think you can argue otherwise. I wish you would address my charge of absolutism and defend your stance that this is not an appropriate exception to our commonly held ideals.

Hal's post came in while I was writing this.
Well said Hal.

Lee what is the problem with six weeks?
Do you really think that, as in your first post,
" withholding that information might put free software
projects/communities at risk, if it's something to do with the proprietary world's aggressive actions, for example." this magazine would be the only source that would have such information?
This is why I think you are being silly.
I use that word again only for consistency, and apologize for using it initially as I see you are sensitive to it.

Cordially,
MZD