Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:40:16PM -0200, Toshiro wrote:
> > Slightly slower unless I try making the page 1600x1200 then it's rather
> > slow. Never had to do that before though.
>
> What you mean with sligthly slower? Maybe I don't explain myself clear; click
> on a corner of the window and drag it to resize the page. I can't believe you
> don't experience any slowness!

There's no need to get emotional about this issue. If you cannot calm
down please do not reply to this message.

a. I know how to resize windows
b. I never said that i didn't 'experience any slowness' (with or without
   the exclamation mark.
c. It /does/ get slower but it's not unusable.

I'm trying acrobat's thing now. so far xpdf has the following over it:

a. It's not 95MB in size
b. It doesn't take 5 seconds to start
c. it doesn't have the (IMO stupid) windows-in-windows model
d. It doesn't open the window in fullscreen mode. I have other things to
   do on my multitasking computer while I have a pdf open.
e. No way that I (in my quick look of the obvious places in the
   preferences window) can find to turn off the fullscreen thing.

Now I run a 1600x1200 screen with 1024x768 viewable so you can imagine
how astoundingly annoying point d can be.

In it's favour though, adobe's reader:

a. is faster then xpdf
b. has continuous layout - my most-missed feature when using xpdf

That's all I can say after a short bit of use of adobe's reader.

--
    "It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to
    program. What fun is there in making plans, acquiring discipline in