Re: [Fwd: KI-2.6.8-2-686 Upgrage And Modem Issuse]

On Sunday 13 March 2005 12:57, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Please someone respond to this.  I've done my homework and am stymied.
> Even just a clue would help.  Thanks for reconsidering.
> Leonard Chatagnier

Hmm.  There's not much useful information to go on in your post.  Sounds like
you have a bad line, or problems with the driver.  In the latter case, I
suggest a new modem if you aren't forced to use the modem in a laptop.  If
you ARE, then I suggest contacting the modem driver's maintainer with EXACT
details of what's going wrong.  If it's line noise, you might have better
luck if you can find an old 33.6k modem rather than the 56k ones.  I always
had better results with those.

Alternatively, you could just get broadband :)

--
Lee.