Re: adding latex packages

Hello,

Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
I would like to use more LaTeX packages downloaded from CTAN which are not
available as debian packages. What is the correct way to install them on
debian? For example I have seen some packages installed ine /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex, should I expand my package in the same
directory? Since files under /usr are handled by packages is it the
correct way?

the files under the directory /usr/local are meant to be handled
by you but not by debian: so you have to create your own texmf structure directory:
/usr/local/share/texmf

Futhermore,
you have to modified some of your configuartion files in /etc/texmf
(in particular some in the directory /etc/texmf/texmf.d)
in such the your own texmf directory is taken into account
(actually I do not know if this directory is taken into account by default, you may check first).

hth,
Jerome

I would be thankful if somebody could explain me something
about this topic
.

Best regards,
Fabrizio Lippolis