Re: Re: ide drive /dev/hda does not mount after SCSI /dev/sda duringboot

> Laurent CARON wrote

> seems you're using udev

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

If I am using ‘udev’ then this is what the Debian installer set up on installation. I have done nothing except install the Debian “Sarge” release, selecting ‘linux26’ as the boot kernel. Given that I have made no changes post-installation, and that these disks used to mount just fine in the 2.4 kernel without ‘udev’, is it possible that this is a bug in the ‘udev’ implementation? Or perhaps the Debian installer?

Is there something that I can turn on in order to capture the bootup messages? It’d be nice to be able to see what is going on just prior to “/dev/hda1: No such File”, however it scrolls off the screen, so I have no idea…

If there is a definitive UDEV HOWTO then, please, point me to it. In the mean time, I will commence Googling.