Re: netstat not found

Frank Gevaerts(frank@gevaerts.be) is reported to have said:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:28:08PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Vijaya S(vijaya@picopeta.com) is reported to have said:
> > > Hi all ,
> > > when i type netstat on my debian machine i find that it says command not
> > > found
> > > i am not able to locate it in /bin
> > > how do i install if so what is the related deb  package for that
> >
> > This is Debian, Vijaya, use the tools!
> >
> > apt-cache search netstat
> >
> > apt-cache show netstat-nat

> >  Netstat-nat is a small program written in C. It displays NAT
> >  connections, managed by netfilter/iptables which comes with the > 2.4.x
> >  linux kernels. The program reads its information from
> >  '/proc/net/ip_conntrack', which is the temporary conntrack-storage of
> >  netfilter.
>
> That is not netstat. netstat is in net-tools
>
> Frank

I 'know', Frank.  I was trying to teach the man to fish.  net-tools is
also shown with the search for netstat-nat and I _hoped_ he would
learn something. Oh, well, as long as someone hands the fish out, why
should he fish.  :-(

wt

--
Scheduled Release Date: A carefully calculated date determined by
estimating the actual shipping date and subtracting six months from it.