Re: Sarge install thoughts...

On Monday 14 February 2005 06:18, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Two points:
>

> a) you should backup important stuff before you have a disaster, not after
> b) a painful re-install is a vital part of the linux learning curve :P

Cute and all, but if you want users, you have to make it easy for them to not
get burned. The separation gives them only positives, so I don't really put
much stock in "forcing" them to learn. You carry a spare tire, right? Much
the same, since when you get a flat, that shouldn't force you to learn how to
patch a tire.