Re: (OT) Re: GNOME is f*cked seven ways from Sunday

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:34:33 -0800 Rich Rudnick wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 19:37 -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 03:32:25PM -0800, Rich Rudnick (nickrud@verizon.net) wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 17:51 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

You can say that again!  The latest GTK file chooser used by the later
Firefox nightlies and The Gimp 2.2 is pure junk. No command line in sight and no way to specify hidden directories. What deranged sadists
came up with this crap?

Actually, I kinda like it: CTRL-l for the command line (try pressing the
period as soon as it opens, if you're starting from your home; right
mouse click for hiding/showing hidden files.

Jesus, well *that* was fscking intuitive as hell.

Agreed :) Gnome has keystrokes for nearly everything - someday I hope
someone will go the expense (time or money) of documenting them all in
one place.

It all seems kind of crasy to me, but I'm glad this finally came out on this thread (and that I followed enough of the thread to pick it up). I don't run either Gnome, or KDE, but I do run more KDE apps thane Gnomish ones, the GIMP being the major exception. It just updated to 2.2 a few days before this thread started and I had not yet noticed the lack of command line, or hidden files. I'm glad that Rich found this out and pointed it out to the rest of us BEFORE I noticed it, or I would have been even less happy about it than I am now. Thanks, Rich.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com