Re: pdflatex fehlenden fonts

On Feb 13 2005, Jan Lühr wrote:
> ich versuche gerade ein pdf aus einem tex file auf stable zu bauen.
> Leider fehlen fonts. (Die Dateien sind da..) und ich weiß nicht, wo sie
> stecken.

Unfortunately, I don't understand german, but I will try to help.

One thing that you should try first would be to compile the file with
latex, then try to display it with xdvi. This will create some bitmapped
fonts that may help. Then, converting the file to ps with dvips might
generate some extra fonts.

Then, pdflatex may be able to include these fonts in your PDF file.

Unfortunately, if you're planning on using Computer Modern fonts for your
package, you will have problems with bitmapped fonts being embedded in your
PDF file (i.e., Type 3 fonts will be used).

The dirty solution to this problem is to include \usepackage{ae} in the
preamble of your document.

The better solution would be to have Type 1 (scalable) fonts for Comupter
Modern, but, as far as I know, they are not free. You can then install the
package lmodern and use \usepackage{lmodern} in the preamble of your
document. It will generate better results than when using ae.

If you don't mind using other fonts, you can try to \usepackage{mathpazo}
or \usepackage{mathptmx} in your document. This will also probably generate
smaller PDF files.

You can see examples of a document that I did for my students in this
document: <http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/theta.pdf>. All those things were
done using pdflatex.

> Das führt leider dazu, dass das Pdf von acroread nicht richtig gelesen
> werden kann und jegliche Schrift fehlt

Yes, acrobat reader won't work with the PDF file created if there were
missing fonts.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at: